- National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners ( NRCME) as of May 14,2014 are the only group able to legally certified commercial motor vehicle drivers.
- NRCME’s primary mission is to improve highway safety by having certified medical examiners trained to determine if a CMW driver’s health meets Federal Motor Carrier Safety administration standards and guidelines.
- We are DOT medical examiner certified by the NRCME.
What to expect before getting certified or renewed:
- A complete medical history including surgeries
- Medication history and current medication use
- Expect to have your driver license check
- Expect a physical examination including hearing, vision, vitals ( pulse, height,weight,blood pressure,urinalysis)
- Based on examination results the driver will either get certified, renewed, or disqualified